WCA Student Dress Code / Personal Appearance
WCA has a dress code policy to help create a safe and orderly environment, instill discipline, and eliminate the competition and distractions caused by varied dress styles. Students will be expected to arrive to their first class and remain in dress code all day every day. Please cooperate, display modesty and neatness, and take pride in these clean, neat and attractive uniforms. We rely on your common sense and your parents’/guardians’ support in helping maintain this dress code. Dress Code information was given to all admitted students in the application packet. If you need further uniform information, please call the school office at (414) 483-2117.
You should know that the school uniform policy is strictly enforced in our school. Make sure your child wears the school uniform on the first day of school.
Students that do not arrive to school in compliance with the uniform policy will be SUSPENDED for that day.
All WCA employees (teacher, administration, and other staff members) may refer any student to administration at anytime for any dress code violation they see and deem inappropriate.
These rules are intended to cover the majority of anticipated clothing and fashion issues; however, the WCA administration reserves the right to modify, add, or clarify rules as needed in order to limit classroom distraction and maintain overall school safety.
- Students will have the opportunity to buy school uniform shirts and sweatshirts at orientation and throughout the school year before or after school in the main office for $15.
- Students must wear the school uniform shirt that is designated for their appropriate grade level or a school issued non-hooded sweatshirt.
- High School – Forest Green
- Middle School – Navy Blue
- Nothing may be worn over your WCA School Uniform Shirt or Sweatshirt.
- School uniform shirts must be in good repair. No holes, rips or writing on the shirt. The WCA school logo must be visible and may NOT be colored in.
- Shirts MUST be either tucked-in or hang naturally. Shirts cannot be tied or bound at the bottom.
- NON-HOODED grey or white sweatshirts, sweaters, or short/long sleeve shirts may be worn UNDER the school shirt, but they must be tucked in and not visible at the bottom of the shirt. Shirts underneath should be a grey or white without writing, designs or pictures on them.
- Hooded clothing is not allowed to be worn during the school day. (No Hoods on sweatshirts, sweaters, or shirts)
- Jackets or coats are NOT permitted under your school shirt.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for any shirt they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
“FORGOT MY Shirt” Shirt Policy
The “FORGOT MY Shirt” shirts are an alternative option that is given to students to keep the student in the classroom. If this option is abused by students it will be taken away and reevaluated by administration. The “FORGOT MY Shirt” shirts are a privilege not a right. Students must have their own uniform shirt and it must be in good repair.
- Students may only borrow a “FORGOT MY Shirt” shirt one day per week, and the shirt must be returned at the end of the day or else the student will receive a full day in the ALC.
- If the student does not return the “FORGOT MY Shirt” shirt after five days of being issued the shirt, they will be charged $15.00 for the shirt.
- Hair color or design should not be a distraction to the classroom.
- Hair color must be a “natural” color. Unnatural colors dyed into the hair are not permitted. Haircuts/styles must be professional looking; Mohawks or hair braided or combed to look like a Mohawk are NOT allowed.
- Texturing/cutting words, letters or designs into the hair are NOT allowed
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for hair they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
- Students must wear shoes in good repair with their toes and heels completely covered.
- Sandals, slippers, flip-flops or any open-toed shoes are NOT ALLOWED.
- Laces should be tied properly.
- Heels must be one inch or less.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for shoes they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
Pants / Belts:
- Students may wear ONLY KHAKI COLOR DRESS PANTS without ANY designs.
- Shorts, Skirts, Pajama pants/bottoms, jogging pants, leggings, “form fitting” pants/shorts/skirts, spandex pants/shorts/skirts, sweat pants/shorts/skirts or pants/shorts/skirts made of similar design or material are NOT ALLOWED.
- Student’s pants must be at waist level (at least 2″ below the belly button) and must completely cover their knee; SAGGING PANTS, SHORTS or SKIRTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Pants must be in GOOD REPAIR, no holes, rips, or fraying.
- Pants cannot be rolled up to display socks. If visible, socks must be the same solid color with no words or inappropriate designs.
- Boxers, biking/gym/running shorts, tight fitting shorts or skirts or “form fitting” shorts or skirts are NOT ALLOWED.
- Gym shorts may ONLY be worn during their physical education class.
- Belts must not be a distraction and can only be worn in pants belt loops (not over the school uniform shirt).
- Chain belts are NOT ALLOWED.
- Leg warmers cannot cover the pants. Leggings and lacey style leg warmers are not to be visible and must remain hidden under pants legs.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for pants, shorts, skirts, or belts they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
- All headgear (hats, caps, doo-rags, hoods) must be removed upon entering the building.
- Hats, caps, doo-rags, and headgear may not be worn in the building, except for religious reasons and then only with a prior written note from their parent/guardian.
- Girls or boys may wear solid color hair bands of one inch or less as long as they are not a distraction in the classroom.
- Scarves worn as hair bands are NOT ALLOWED.
- Headgear must remain off the head until AFTER leaving the school building (this includes during after school activities).
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for any head gear they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
Jewelry / Accessories:
- Jewelry should not be a distraction to the classroom. Ear rings must be less than 3 inches in length.
- Scarves are NOT ALLOWED.
- Ties are NOT ALLOWED.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for jewelry and accessories they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
Sweaters / Sweatshirts / Jackets:
- Hooded jackets, sweatshirts and sweaters are NOT ALLOWED to be worn in the building throughout the school day.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for sweaters and jackets they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy
Bags / Purses:
- Only clear, see-through backpacks, bags or purses are allowed in classrooms. All other backpacks and items must remain in lockers.
- Keep all personal hygiene items in your lockers.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for bag or purse they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
Facial / Head Decorations:
- “Grills” or any other teeth decorations are NOT ALLOWED.
- A single, non-disruptive facial piercing will be permitted.
- Teachers and staff have the right to refer a student to administration for facial or head decoration they deem distracting or to be out of the school uniform policy.
Dress Down Rules & Policy:
Dress-Down does NOT mean students can wear anything they want to. The school dress code is still enforced even on a designated Dress-Down Day. “Dress-Down” simply means that students do not have to wear their uniform shirt and pants may be of any color. Dress-Down pass will only be awarded to student’s that earn the privilege.
ALL OTHER RULES STILL APPLY.
The WCA Handbook rules about pants, head gear, shoes, boots, jewelry, bags/purses and facial decorations will be strictly enforced. None uniform shirts and pants must abide by the spirit of our school dress code including but not limited to the following rules:
- Shirts must have sleeves – No Spaghetti Straps or Tank Tops.
- Shirts should be appealing NOT revealing. Sexually provocative shirts or pants that will be deemed Inappropriate:
- Skin-tight clothing
- Cleavage showing
- Undergarments showing
- Mid-rifts showing
- Mini skirts
- No Hoodies – No shirts, sweaters, or sweatshirts with any type of hood are permitted
- Coats and jackets are not allowed to be worn during the school day or in the cafeteria/gym
- No high heels over 1-inch
- Inappropriate words, pictures, caricatures, cartoons, or photos are not allowed. Inappropriate symbols, graphics or art work including but not limited to: skulls, blood, gang, hate or sexually orientated symbols or comments, drug or alcohol references, and weapons of any kind are not allowed.
- Pants may be any color, except white pants/shorts/skirts or any pants color that undergarments can be seen through are not allowed. All other dress code rules for pants, short and skirts still apply on dress down days.
- Pajama pants/bottoms, jogging pants/shorts/skirts, leggings, “form fitting” pants/shorts/skirts, spandex pants/shorts/skirts, sweat pants/shorts/skirts or pants/shorts/skirts made of similar design or material are NOT ALLOWED
- Slippers or flip-flops are NOT PERMITTED.
10. NO Head Garments at ALL (except for religious reason with a note in the office from parent/guardian).
- Head Bands over 1-inch
As always, styles and fads cause issues which may require a new interpretation or the modification of a dress code rule. The WCA Administration reserves the right to make such changes. Further, WCA Administration will restrict any student deemed out of dress code from participating in any planned school activities.